Tomorrow's Sunrise was purchased with one goal, refit in four independent efforts while enjoying this amazing sailing hull in between each refit. In 2005 I brought Tomorrow's Sunrise to Andros Island, Bahamas, where I took up work and residency as a defense contractor and was able to utilize the necessary equipment to perform much of the refit efforts. During that time, Tomorrow's Sunrise has sailed through much of the Exumas and central Bahamas. Unfortunately, we are no longer allowed to utilize the equipment here. I cannot find a yard anywhere close that can support haul outs, I am unable to find the time to sail Tomorrow's Sunrise to a distant island or the U.S., and I cannot watch as all my hard work, dedication, and dreams of Tomorrow's Sunrise go unrealized. So, I am offering this amazing vessel with a heavy heart. Words cannot describe the depth of my struggle with letting this amazing sailing vessel go. You will understand when you've trimmed the sails to the wind and watch her sail herself, she balances herself beautifully, as a result, I have not found the need to install an auto pilot.
Tomorrow's Sunrise has gone through several extensive refist since 2003:
• Rigging refit at Eastport Spar and Rigging, Annapolis, Maryland. Mast and boom to bare aluminum.
• New Awlgrip paint job.
• Redesign reef system; all new mast winch pads, new reef
winch, new running rigging.
• New Mast Step, hot dipped galvanized, cast iron.
• New battery location from aft lazarette to below main
cabin floor, with custom battery trays to keep batteries off keel.
• Rebuilt head plumbing, hoses, valves.
• Below the waterline refit, hull to fiberglass, all repairs made
• All new underwater and stern thru-hulls (Groco ball valves: BV Series Full Flow Ball Valves),
• New stern tube,
• New drain thru-hulls in transome,
• New Racor 500ma Series Fuel Filter/Water Seperator,
• New rudder post, 1-1/4" stainless shaft,
• PSS dripless packing system.
• 5 coats Interlux 2000/2001 barrier coat, Interlux Ultra bottom paint. • Remove, clean through new access ports, fuel tank, new racor filter system, new perko water strainers.
• Above water line Awlgrip paint job, Matterhorn White, Clarett
Burgundy boot strip.
• New Seaward LP Gas Cooktop, Princess Model 2277-1100,
• New custom made teak galley drawers below cooktop
• Edson pedestal refit, with new brake hardware, cables, and quadrant,
• Jabsco marine toilet, model 29090-2000,
• New vernalift muffler with associate hoses
• Top side deck painted with Interlux Brightside,
• Edson pedestal painted with Awlgrip Matterhorn White.
• New binnacle cover and winch covers.
• Yanmar, 3HMF diesel serviced and inspected by W.W. Williams certified Yanmar mechanic
• New Mack Main Sail, new main sail cover.
• Forespar davit system with . . .
• custom Morningstar Solar panel installed on top.
• New Magma Catalina barbeque grill